CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mantel Re-Do

I have been working on re-decorating my mantel
for sometime now. I am not one to use holiday
items, other than stockings, because I don't like
to change it once I love it.
Plus there are other places in the house for Holiday stuff.
I found this paper number 6.
To represent the Best's to the power of 6.
(Meaning 6 members of our family)
It started out like this.
Just the plain number 6 and some scrapbook paper
I traced the 6 front and back and cut out strips to
mod podge on the sides
I spray painted the 6 brown so that I could
file the edges to give the paper a torn look
then you could see the brown edges.
After she was all done I placed her next to our
family photo
I love the color she adds to the mantel
Half way done.
Good news is, this is practice for
the new house. The items on the mantel
all tie into the colors of the new house.
Less than a month, but who is counting?

1 comments:

Jenn said...

turned out darling - maybe I need to go get a 9 :D Can't wait to see how everything ties into the new house!